In 2011, The Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) developed the State Data Resource Center (SDRC) to provide states with support, assistance and guidance on how to request, access, and use the Medicare data provided by CMS, to support their dually eligible beneficiaries. The SDRC team consists of data experts, who provide states with information and resources to help support their use of Medicare data for Medicare-Medicaid care coordination and program integrity purposes.
Through the SDRC project, state requestors have access to technical advisers who can:
- Provide guidance on how to address limitations in CMS data—including assisting requestors who may or may not be familiar with the data available at CMS and on their use.
- Describe Medicare data and comment on applicability to the proposed use for Medicare-Medicaid care coordination and program integrity efforts.
- Assist with the process of obtaining Medicare data from CMS, including gaining an approved Data Request and Attestation (DRA) or DRA Custodian Form.
- Advise states on ways of linking databases and creating analytic databases.
- Help states determine how to use available data, based on state priorities for Medicare-Medicare coordination and program integrity.
These technical advisors are provided by Econometrica, Inc., and Acumen, LLC.