The State Data Resource Center (SDRC) and its data experts explored how state Medicaid agencies can utilize Part D Prescription Drug Event (PDE) data to combat the opioid epidemic. From the early 1990s to the early 2010s, the number of opioid prescriptions in the United States has more than doubled, while the number of opioid-related overdose deaths has more than tripled during the 2000s and 2010s. SDRC illustrated which Part D PDE elements can maximize state Medicaid agencies’ efforts to implement opioid-related care coordination and program integrity initiatives.
“Part D PDE Data and the Opioid Epidemic” Materials:
- SDRC Opioids Webinar slide deck
- SDRC Opioids Webinar Q & A document
- SDRC Opioids Webinar recording – August 30
- After selecting the link, enter your name and email address followed by “Register.” The recording will begin.
- SDRC Opioids Webinar recording – September 21 – Encore Q & A session
- After selecting the link, enter your name and email address followed by “Register.” The encore presentations Q & A recording will begin.